Can you help me as I get ready for Sunday?
This will be my 3rd service at Vermont Hills UMC – but it is the first gathering that will be built around conversation. The first week was a holiday weekend so I just introduced myself casually. Last week was a big communion week. This week we are moving the communion table and replacing it with a coffee table.
Would be willing answer 3 questions for me as I prepare to facilitate that conversation:
- What is the biggest change that you have seen in society during your lifetime?
- What has changed the most for you in the past 20 years?
- What is one change that you would undo if you could?
My three answers would be something like:
1. The role of religion in public life.
2. Discovering Second Naïveté mid-preaching career.
3. TV in the living room and iPhones at the breakfast table.
I would love to hear your 3 answers.