I just want to thank everyone who has been so supportive through a difficult period. I appreciate the notes, emails, Facebook messages and voicemails. Knowing that I am prayed for is really encouraging.
Just a quick update:
– I made it through my final semester of course work. I was able to complete my big papers in Urban Education and Post-Modern Approach to Sociology (my self-designed directed study with Barry Taylor that gets me ready in one of my cognate fields).
– My wife’s health is better now. After the ruptured ovarian cyst and subsequent bladder infection – on top of continuing Lyme’s disease… it has been a doozy.
– It was good to go back East for Christmas and see my family. My mom’s health continues to deteriorate.
– The Loft has really taken off and my ‘partner pastor’ is back from his emergency paternity leave.
– My wife’s sister and brother-in-law (along with our nieces) have been living with us as they prepare to move to Thailand and the girls return to school (college here in LA). They all leave us this week.
– I am doing research design at UCLA one day a week. It is part of my PhD requirement to have a research language. I am studying qualitative and quantitative research design so that I can do my dissertation proposal next year.
I have said publicly that November and December 2012 were the worst two months of my life. I am glad to see them go.
Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. They are more appreciated than you know!
Blog Note: Now that course work is over, I plan to do some more personal reflections here along with the theological ones that initiate on HomeBrewed. I often have smaller thoughts that don’t need to be the big productions that I post over there.
Looking forward to it!